The 59th Grand Bell Awards was held earlier today, here is who won this year!
Actors Lee Byung Hun and Kim Seo Hyung won the Grand Bell Awards for Best Actor and Best Actress, respectively. “Concrete Utopia” revealed its presence by winning six awards, including Best Actor and Best Film.
The 59th Grand Bell Film Festival was held at the Gyeonggi Arts Center in Suwon on the 15th. The event was hosted by actor Cha In Pyo and broadcaster Jang Do Yeon.
Unlike the past, where the Grand Bell Awards boasted history and tradition, the subsequent years saw many setbacks. On this day, Chairman Lee Yong-ki of the organizing committee said, “This year, we focused most on novelty and fairness. Next year is the 60th anniversary. Please show a lot of interest.”
Here are the winners of The 59th Grand Bell Awards
- Best Picture: ‘Concrete Utopia’
- Best Director: Ryu Seung Wan for ‘Smuggling’
- Best New Director: Ahn Tae Jin for ‘Owl’
- Best Screenplay: Ahn Tae Jin and Hyun Kyu Ri for ‘Owl’
- Best Actor: Lee Byung Hun for ‘Concrete Utopia’
- Best Actress: Kim Seo Hyung for ‘Vinyl House’
- Best Supporting Actor: Oh Jung Se for ‘Cobweb’
- Best Supporting Actress: Kim Sun Young for ‘Concrete Utopia’
- Best New Actor: Kim Seon Ho for ‘The Childe’
- Best New Actress: Kim Si Eun for ‘Next So-hee’
- Series Best Work: Disney+ ‘Moving‘
- Series Best Director: Kang Yoonsung for ‘Big Bet’
- Series Best Actor: Choi Min Sik for ‘Big Bet’
- Series Best Actress: Han Hyo Joo for ‘Moving’
- The Focus of the Grand Bell Award in the Film Section: ‘Dream Palace’
- The Focus of the Grand Bell Award in the Director Section: ‘Mother’s Land: Grisha and the Owner of the Forest’ by Park Jae-beom
- The Focus of the Grand Bell Award in the Actor Section: Jung Sung-hwa for ‘Hero’
Congratulations to the winners!