On June 2, through his legal representative, Attorney Go Woo-gi of the law firm Go Woo, MC Mong clarified what happened and expressed his frustration with SM including MC Mong in this dispute.
Here is the official statement from MC Mong.
This is Attorney Go Woo-gi from the law firm Go Woo, representing MC Mong. I would like to convey MC Mong’s position as follows:
- In the ongoing dispute between the group EXO members Baekhyun, Xiumin, Chen (hereinafter referred to as “ChenBaekXi”) and SM Entertainment (hereinafter referred to as “SM”), SM claimed that there is an external third party who approached their affiliated artists and exerted influence, and related articles were published.
- Unfortunately, in subsequent articles, unverified speculations were made, suggesting that the third party mentioned by SM is “MC Mong” and “MC Mong as an internal director of Big Planet Made Entertainment.”
- To prevent further spread of misinformation, through this press release, MC Mong clearly states that he did not engage in any deliberate intervention that could cause a dispute between SM and ChenBaekXi. Moreover, as MC Mong is not an internal director of Big Planet Made Entertainment, the related rumors are clearly far from the truth.
- MC Mong has a personal friendship with Baekhyun as a senior in the music industry, but he has never taken any action to recruit the artist using that personal connection. During a casual gathering as part of ordinary interaction, he provided comfort to a junior who was facing difficulties due to company issues. He emphasizes that there was no inducement for any illegal activities, as mentioned by SM, and he is not in a position to do so.
- MC Mong requests that SM refrain from making ambiguous references to him as a third party, as such unclear mentions could cause further harm and misunderstanding to MC Mong.
- Through this press release, MC Mong has clearly stated the facts and his position. Therefore, we plan to respond promptly and legally through our legal representative regarding any dissemination of false information that may arise. We kindly request cooperation to prevent any further harm.