The Seoul Music Award has issued a statement regarding the abnormal votes it’s been receiving on its app; the statement was made to address how the award show plans on handling the issue.
On December 18, The Seoul Music Award issued a statement announcing the voting policy changed as of midnight on December 17, 2019 after they discovered the abnormal voting activities on the app.
They explained that they regularly monitor the app to ensure fairness and they have discovered that during a specific period of time, an abnormal method was used to create accounts and vote.
Here are the details:
- Time of incident: After 3:14 a.m. on December 17, 2019
- Categories of incident: K-Wave Popularity Award, Popularity Award
- Artist of incident: IZ*ONE
- Number of votes for deletion: 753,708 votes for K-Wave Popularity Award. 110,109 votes for Popularity Award
- Deletion time: From 12:00 to 12:30 a.m. on December 19, 2019
They explained that its possible for related functions not to work as smoothly during the deletion period and they also confirmed voting in other categories was unaffected and carried out normally. The accounts used to carry out these votes have been closed.
They closed their statement with a request, they asked for fans cooperation and participation to help keep the environment clean.
The Seoul Music Award will be held on January 30th, 2020 at Gocheok Sky Dome in Seoul.
What do you think of this?