aespa is SM Entertainment’s first girl group to debut in 6 years since Red Velvet in 2014. It consists of Karina, Winter, Ningning and Giselle.
But who is aespa? Here is the full profile of the girl group aespa which includes everything you need to know about them.
Note: this profile will be regularly edited to add more information in the future, so please check it out frequently. If you have any suggestions, please let us know in the comment section below.
aespa basic facts
Number of members: 4
aespa’s members age: Karina is 21, Winter is 20, Ningning is 18, Giselle is 21.
aespa’s fandom name: “MY” (pronounced like the English word), which means “my precious friend.”
aespa’s Debut date: November 17 2020 with Black Mamba.
aespa‘s Leader : Karina.
aespa Official Sites and social media:
Facebook : @aespa
YouTube : @aespa
V app : aespa (에스파)
Weibo : weibo.com/aespa
aespa news link: here.
Check out their latest release below:
Stage Name: Karina
Birth Name: Yoo Ji Min
Position: leader, face of the group, center, vocalist, Main Dancer, Lead Rapper
Birthday: April 11, 2000
Zodiac Sign: Aries
Height: 167 cm (5’6″)
Weight: 45 kg (99 lbs)
Blood Type: B
aespa Karina Facts:
- She is the second member of her group to be introduced to the public, she was introduced on October 27, 2020.
- aespa’s Karina age is 21,
- Karina is rumored to have trained in SM for four years.
- She was born in Seongnam, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
- In 2018, she featured in SHINee Taemin‘s “Want” music video.
- She is a former ulzzang.
- Her baptismal name is ‘Katarina’ this is why she’s using the stage name Karina.
- Yoo Ji Min was falsely rumored to have bashed various SM artists and artists from other labels as well, SM announced their plans to take strict legal action against the rumors.
- At a radio show appearance, Karina said she wants to go on ‘Home Alone‘ (‘I Live Alone’)
- aespa karina siblings: Karina has one older sister.
- the visual of aespa is considerd to be Karina.
Stage Name: Winter
Birth Name: Kim Min Jeong (김민정)
Position: Visual, Lead Vocalist, Lead Dancer
Birthday: January 1, 2001
Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Height: 163 cm (5’3’’)
Blood Type: A
aespa Winter Facts:
- She is the first member of her group to be introduced, she was introduced on October 27, 2020.
- aespa’s Winter age is 20
- SM describes her as an idol with excellent singing and dancing skills.
- She attended Yangsan Samsung Elementary School, Yangsan Samsung Middle School.
- She has an older brother.
- She has a dimple on her left cheek.
- Winter has a new habit where she sings by herself.
- How Winter chose this stage name: “I was born on January 1, in the winter. At our agency, I had a very pure image. That’s how my stage name became Winter.”– source.
Stage Name: Ningning
Birth Name: Ning Yizhuo (宁艺卓)
Position: main vocalist, maknae
Birthday: October 23, 2002
Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Height: 165 cm (5’4″)
Weight: 43 kg (94 lbs)
Blood Type: B
aespa Ningning Facts:
- She is the third member of her group to be introduced to the public, she was introduced on October 29, 2020.
- Se is rumored to have been in a choir.
- aespa’s Ningning age is 18
- She was born in Harbin, China.
- She can speak Chinese and Korean.
- She was introduced as a SM Rookies on September 19, 2016.
- Her favorite member in BLACKPINK is Jennie.
- Ningning named sundae soup as her favorite Korean dish
- She came to Korea in 2016 and has been learning Korean since, she still finds it hard sometimes.
- Ningning was her nickname and this is how she became to use it as a stage name.
- Ningning likes Beyonce
- Ningning would like to meet Jay Park one day, she says she can copy his songs and dance
Stage Name: GISELLE
Birth Name: Uchinaga Aeri (うちながえり/우치나가에리)
Position: Main Rapper, Vocalist
Birthday: October 30, 2000
Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Height: 162 cm (5’3’’)
Blood Type: O
aespa GISELLE Facts:
- She is the fourth member of her group to be introduced to the public, she was introduced on October 30, 2020.
- she reportedly trained for 11 months.
- aespa’s Giselle age is 21.
- She can play the guitar.
- Her dad is Japanese and her mom is Korean.
- In aespa’s first radio appearance, she explained that her mother is Korean, so she spoke Korean since she was young
- She can speak three languages: English, Korean, and Japanese.
- How She chose Giselle as her stage name, she said: “When I was a trainee, I wore headbands often. Our trainer said that I looked like a little British girl. That’s how I came to use an elegant name like ‘Giselle.’” – source.
- Giselle would like to film a commercial for drinks with her group one day.
Who is your favorite aespa member?