Hook Entertainment CEO has stepped up to personally address the scathing Dispatch report published about his agency on November 21.
Previously Dispatch published a lengthy report alleging that Singer and actor Lee Seung Gi has not received a single penny as a settlement of music revenue from his agency for over 18 years since his debut. Lee Seung Gi has not received a single penny of music revenue for 18 years since his debut with his first full-length album “The Dream Of A Moth” in June 2004. Although 137 songs were released over 18 years, including hits such as “Because You’re My Girl” and “Will You Marry Me,” the music revenue was zero won.
In addition, Dispatch reported that Lee Seung Gi asked his agency about the settlement, but the agency told Lee Seung Gi that he had no amount to settle, saying, “You are a minus singer.” and said they were gaslighting him.
Shortly after the report was made, the agency issued an official statement by its CEO Kwon Jin Young. The statement reads as follows:
Recently, Lee Seung Gi was reported to have demanded certification of content to Hook Entertainment regarding this situation. Hook Entertainment confirmed by saying, “We have received a certification of content from Lee Seung Gi, and we are reviewing related materials and preparing answers accordingly. We are trying to wrap up the problem smoothly without misunderstanding between the two sides.”