BTS “Life Goes On” has done the impossible!
On November 30 local time, Billboard revealed the top 10 songs on its famous Billboard Hot 100 chart and guess which song came out at number one? None other than the newest BTS hit “Life Goes On.”
The news gets better, their hit track “Dynamite” has also soared to number 3 on the chart.
According to Billboard, “Life Goes On” drew 14.9 million U.S. streams and sold 150,000 in the week ending Nov. 26, according to Nielsen Music/MRC Data. It also earned 410,000 radio airplay audience impressions in the week ending Nov. 29 (with KJYO Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, the lone reporter to play it double-digit times: 13).
Here is a sum of some of the records BTS broke with this according to Billboard:
- “Life Goes On” is the first Hot 100 No.1 on the chart’s history to be sung predominantly in Korean.
- “Life Goes On” is also the first predominantly non-English-language that debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100.
- BTS are the fastest act to accumulate three Hot 100 No.1s in over 42 years since the Bee Gees record which they had achieved in 1977 and 1978.
- BTS has landed three No.1’s the fastest than any other act since The Beatles.
- BTS has become the first duo/group act with 2 No. 1 Hot 100 debuts
Twitter is currently buzzing with various hashtags to celebrate the happy occasion.
Congratulations to BTS!