GOT7 fans have had enough and they’ve decided to take matters into their own hands!
The fandom is no stranger to calling out JYP’s management of GOT7. Recently, fans have been voicing their concerns with the way the label has managed GOT7 and they’ve decided to raise money and send a truck to JYP’s headquarters to demand better treatment for GOT7 members.
The truck will circulate around JYP’s headquarters broadcasting the fandom’s demands for all people around JYP to see. Alongside the truck, the fandom has trended the hashtag #FairTreatmentForGOT7 on twitter. The hashtag has topped twitter worldwide with more than 1 million tweets.
The fandom believes that GOT7 is not getting treated properly by JYP and that they’re not given proper management or attention as much as the other artists at the same label.
Here are some of fans demands:
- protecting GOT7 from sasaengs (Bambam, Mark, Jackson and most recently Youngjae spoke up about the issue many times)
- Promoting GOT7 members properly and booking for public appearances on TV in Korea and abroad.
- Making sure GOT7 albums become available in Target, Amazon and Walmart.
- Better promotion plans for the group, sub-units and solo comebacks.
- Allowing GOT7 to have the freedom to produce and write their own songs.
These are not the only demands of the fandom but are some of the most highlighted and mentioned ones.
Fans believe that GOT7 deserved so much better, they’re 6 years into their debut but fans argue JYP has done little to help them reach their fullest potential.
JYP has not publicly addressed fans demands yet.
What do you think of this issue?